This paper reports the results of the designing, manufacturing and characterization of a jewel obtained by means of coupling the dogmas of industrial design to the analytical engineering approach. The key role in the design of the jewel was played by an in-house synthesized Neodymium (Nd)-doped phosphate glass, selected due to its easy handling and capability to change color according to the incident light wavelength. The glass core was covered by a metal alloy to mitigate its relatively high...
In this work, the spectroscopy of Er3+ and Nd3+ doped Se-GLS glasses was studied. A structural comparison between doped and non-doped samples was done to assess the differences between the glasses. For this comparison, Raman spectroscopy and thermal analysis were employed. The spectral properties of the samples were studied in order to identify the mechanisms responsible for quenching the fluorescence lifetime of the dopants. In particular, cross-relaxation and concentration quenching were ob...
Comparative spectroscopic approach for the dye loading optimization of sheet-like ZnO photoanodes for dye-sensitized solar cells
The peculiarly critical sensitization of zinc oxide with Ru-based dyes is the serious problem that prevents this semiconductor oxide from achieving photoconversion efficiencies in dye-sensitized solar cells (DSCs) comparable to those obtained with TiO2. Within this framework, methodologies for the optimization of the sensitization procedure of this material in acidic environments prove to be essential. In this paper, in view of streamlining the critical sensitization procedure of sheet-li...
The steps toward the fabrication of directly extruded microstructured fiber preforms made of a bioresorbable phosphate glass are herein presented, analyzing the features of the process from the glass synthesis to the manufacturing of the fiber. The realization of these fibers leverages on three main pillars: an optically transparent bioresorbable glass, its extrusion into a preform, and the fiber drawing. The glass has been designed and carefully prepared in our laboratory to be dissolvable i...
Effect of the addition of Al2O3, TiO2 and ZnO on the thermal, structural and luminescence properties of Er3+-doped phosphate glasses
Er-doped phosphate glasses were fabricated by melt-quenching technique. The changes in their thermal, structural and luminescence properties with the addition of Al2O3, TiO2 or ZnO were studied. Physical and thermal properties were investigated through density measurement and differential thermal analysis. Structural characterization was performed using the Raman and Infrared spectroscopy. In order to study the influence of the composition on the luminescence properties of the glasses, the re...
- 1 Contributo su Rivista4157
- 4 Contributo in Atti di Convegno ...2438
- 5 Altro574
- 2 Contributo in Volume199
- 6 Brevetti63
- 3 Libro52
- 7 Curatele5
- JOURNAL OF MAGNETISM AND MAGNETIC...208
- IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON MAGNETICS197
- IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON INSTRUMENTAT...150
- JOURNAL OF APPLIED PHYSICS146
- INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF THERMOPH...80
- PHYSICAL REVIEW A71
- MEASUREMENT SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY64
- IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON APPLIED SUPE...60
Data di pubblicazione
- In corso di stampa1
- 2020 - 20231032
- 2010 - 20192884
- 2000 - 20092460
- 1990 - 1999955
- 1980 - 1989145
- 1977 - 197911
Accesso al fulltext
- no fulltext5275
- partially open595
Prodotti più visti
- Quantum key distribution security threat: the backflash light case
- EURAMET Calibration Guide CG 18 V. 4.0 Guidelines of Calibration of Non - Automatic Weighing Instruments
- Therapeutic ultrasound in physical medicine and rehabilitation: characterization and assessment of its physical effects on joint-mimicking phantoms
- Some Recent Progresses in Quantum Tomography Realized at INRIM
- Experimental investigation on a Fe-Ga close yoke vibrational harvester by matching magnetic and mechanical biases
- Implementation Security of Quantum Cryptography - Introduction, challenges, solutions | ETSI White Paper No. 27
- Stable carbon isotope signatures in atmosphere and seawater as a basis for climate change studies
- A spar buoy-mounted ADCP measurement station in the Ligurian Sea: a metrological approach to correct current measures for bias effects and evaluate uncertainties
- Influence of the long-range ordering of gold-coated Si nanowires on SERS
- G-LAS: a ring laser gyroscope for high accuracy angle measurements
Prodotti più scaricati
- Santhià via Castelnuovo, Cascina Madonna. Fornaci di età moderna, analisi archeometriche
- Sonochemical hydrogenation of metallic microparticles
- Report on Key Comparison EURAMET.L-K1.2011 Measurement of gauge blocks by interferometry
- Intercontinental comparison of optical atomic clocks through very long baseline interferometry
- Targeted quantitation of HMGB1 protein by label-free Mass Spectrometry technique
- Soft Magnetic Materials
- Analysis of Flow Meters Calibration
- Brightness and sparkle appearance of goniochromatic samples
- Effetti termici nella metrologia a coordinate (revisione 2020)
- Liquid Crystal-Induced Myoblast Alignment
METRICA ospita i prodotti della ricerca caricati autonomamente dai propri utenti in accordo con la Policy sull'Open Access dell'Istituto Nazionale di Ricerca Metrologica. Chiunque ritenga che i contenuti presenti in METRICA violino propri diritti può inviare una e-mail all'indirizzo email@example.com indicando il nome dell'autore, il titolo del contributo contestato, l'identificativo fornito da METRICA per la sua citazione e le ragioni che fondano la richiesta. L'INRiM si impegna a valutare le richieste di rimozione ricevute; e si riserva al contempo di respingere quelle che appaiano infondate, eventualmente previa acquisizione di ulteriori informazioni.
METRICA contains the research papers of the National Institute of Metrology Research. Researchers self-archive their contributions according to the INRIM Open Access Policy. If you have any concern about copyright infringement, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org, stating the following: the author's name, the title of the paper, the Handle (identifier) provided by METRICA; the reasons for your request. INRIM will make every effort to address your concern as soon as possible. At the same time, INRIM reserves the right to reject unfounded requests, after all necessary enquiries have been conducted.